Giving Tuesday, November 29, marks a global day of giving back to the community. The US-China Strong Foundation is using this opportunity to promote the spirit of giving and remind everyone that – no matter how large or how small – your contributions can make a difference.
We encourage you to consider giving to US-China Strong this season to support our mission, students around the country and in underserved communities, and our commitment to providing study abroad and Mandarin language learning opportunities for all. Your donation could be your way of helping to strengthen the US-China relationship, one student at a time.
Click here to begin donating, or look for the large red “Donate” button on the top right corner of the website.
Your donation will make studying abroad in China a reality for American students in financial need. Here are a few ways that your donation will make a difference:
- $75 – Weekly food stipend in China for one student
- $100 – China visa application fee
- $250 – Domestic travel in China for excursions
- $1000 – Round-trip economy ticket for one student
- $2500 – Subscription to an online Chinese language course for 50 grade school students
- $10,000 – Scholarship for a high school student to spend a summer studying abroad in China
- $20,000 – Scholarship for a student’s entire college semester tuition to study abroad in China
Funds raised through Giving Tuesday will go directly to support Americans students with financial need to study abroad in China. Whether a full scholarship or a travel stipend, your donation will help a bright student from an underserved community! Thanks, as always, for your support.
- 1 Million Strong:1 Million Strong is a national campaign to expand fivefold Mandarin language learning in US K-12 schools from approximately 200,000 to 1 million by 2020. Presidents Barack Obama and Xi Jinping announced this ambitious effort in 2015.
- 100K Strong: Announced in 2009, 100K Strong is a presidential initiative whose initial goal of seeing 100,000 Americans studying in China by 2014 was surpassed. US-China Strong continues to work with both Washington and Beijing to expand and diversify US study abroad to China.
- US-China Alumni Ambassador Network: The Foundation’s robust and growing US-China Alumni Ambassador Network engages American and Chinese youth who have participated in cross-cultural exchange programs, connecting and cultivating these future leaders as they pursue professional careers.
Join us on November 29th for Giving Tuesday.
Thanks, as always, for your support!